A good cup of coffee and a slice of coffee cake is a great start for breakfast or lunch. Recently we have some family members with gluten sensitivity, so I tried this delicious recipe by Betty Crocker. It was really good and most did not even notice that it was made with a flour substitute.
The original recipe includes a glaze, but I thought it was pretty sweet without it. So, feel free to add a quick glaze if you prefer.
½ cup brown sugar
1/3 cup gluten free all-purpose flour blend
1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
¼ cup cold butter
¾ cup granulated sugar
6 tablespoons butter (softened)
½ cup milk
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ½ cups gluten free all-purpose flour blend
2 teaspoons baking powder (gluten free)
½ teaspoon salt
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray pan with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
2. Mix brown sugar, 1/3 cup flour blend and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Cut in cold butter using a pastry blender. Mixture should be crumbly.
3. In another large bowl, beat sugar and softened butter on medium speed with electric mixer. Beat in eggs until blended. Beat in milk and vanilla.
4. Stir in 1 2/3 cup flour blend, baking powder and salt.
5. Spread half of batter in pan. Sprinkle ¾ cup of streusel mixture over batter. Drop remaining batter over streusel. Sprinkle remaining streusel
6. Bake 30-35 minutes. Cool 30 minutes