What’s for Breakfast: Family Style French Toast
French toast always feels like family to me. It is easy to make, sweet, filling and I have the best memories of my mom making it on Sunday brunch. I am sure we have all had that last ½ of bread loaf left to use up, but before throwing it out—why not use it up for French toast.
Try my mom's simple French toast recipe using regular loaf of bread for your next family brunch
Vegetable Oil (or cooking oil of choice)
½ tsp cinnamon
2 eggs room temperature
1 cup milk
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Loaf of bread
1. In medium bowl combine eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Whisk until well mixed
2. Add cooking oil to a skillet and heat oil to medium temperature.
3. Dip bread into your mixture made in step #1. Soak on both sides quickly until saturated.
4. Cook bread in skillet until brown on both sides, flipping once.
5. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar. Serve warm with topping or syrup of your choice.