After I discovered using my Instant Pot for hard boiled eggs, I have never gone back! If you have an Instant Pot, it is only a few steps, and all you need is the steam rack that comes with the Instant Pot.
1 cup water
Instant Pot with steam rack
1. Place 1 cup of cold water in the 6 quart Instant Pot; use additional ½ cup for the 8 quart Instant Pot.
2. Carefully set eggs on the steam rack
3. Place lid on Instant Pot and set cook time 5 minutes on high pressure
4. After cook time elapses, allow pressure to naturally release for about 5 minutes, then do quick release.
5. Remove the eggs from the instant pot using tongs and place eggs in a bowl of cold water.
6. Let eggs sit in cold water bath for 5 minutes
7. Remove eggs from water bath.
8. Peel and enjoy or store in the refrigerator for up to 7 days unpeeled.
Peel eggs right away to make shells easiest to come off.