One of my favorite dishes from New Orleans, Louisiana is Red Beans and Rice.
I updated my traditional recipe in the Instant Pot to speed it up, and substituted the traditional andouille sausage. This is a family favorite recipe often passed down generations.
If you don't have an Instant Pot yet, check out Amazon or any other retailer to purchase.
Let me know what you think of my twist on this tradition.
1 bag red beans
6 cups chicken broth
¼ cup each celery, onion and green pepper
1 bay leaf
Salt/pepper to season
½ tsp Creole/Cajun seasoning of your choice
½ tsp garlic powder
1 tsp black pepper
Meat of choice (andouille sausage, turkey kielbasa, salt pork, ham hocks, diced ham)
1. Place red beans in a bowl and cover red beans in cool water. Place in the refrigerator overnight. Drain beans after soaking in a colander.
2. Place Instapot on Sauté mode, and sauté the celery, onion, green pepper and meat of choice.
3. Add beans, chicken broth, 1 bay leaf, Creole seasoning, garlic powder, black pepper to the Instapot.
4. Set Instapot to Pressure Cooker mode – 60 minutes on High.
5. Manual release and open lid, stir.
6. Season as needed and serve over rice