A refreshing, sweet summer peach dessert! Nothing says summer like peaches in the summer. They are so sweet and easy to ripen this time of the year.
An easy to make peach dessert, is my peach crisp. It has a delicious golden crispy cobbler and the sweetness of the peaches will make this a great addition to your summer picnics.
Prepare Peaches –
2 bags frozen peaches/ fresh peaches
2 cup sugar (enough to fully cover peaches)
1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
½ teaspoon lemon juice
1. Mix and let sit at room temperature or in refrigerator for 2 hours
2 cups all-purpose flour
½ cup sugar
½ cup light brown sugar
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 ½ stick unsalted butter (room temperature)
Set aside another 1 tablespoon brown sugar for topping
1. Spray glass pan with Baker’s Joy and set aside.
2. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Prepare crisp by adding lightly mixing flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, salt to a large bowl.
4. Slice butter to 1 tablespoon size and add to flour mixture using a pastry blender or fork. Mixture should be course and pea sized. Add a little water if needed.
5. Add crisp mixture to glass pan and spread evenly.
6. Remove peach mixture from refrigerator and give it a good stir. Add peaches over top of the crisp mixture in your glass pan. Spread evenly.
7. Sprinkle a light layer of brown sugar over the top, and lightly moisten with water (~1/2 tsp).
8. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Lower temperature to 375 degrees for 20 additional minutes. Topping should be golden brown when done.
9. Top with ice cream and enjoy!
Watch video on you tube !